Marcin Kosedowski na swoim blogu Like a Geek skutecznie pokazał w kilku krokach jak zaoszczędzić kilka godzin dziennie. Zarządzanie czasem to jedno, my podążając jego drogą dodaliśmy lekcję angielskiego. Zapraszamy na nowy cykl: Angielski z Blogerem.
Life Hacking – making some aspects of your life easier or more efficient
Read the text and answer questions below. You will find a complete version of the text in Polish on Like a Geek blog.
STAGE ONE: Measure what activities are the most time-consuming
In March, I was writing down what I was doing every 15 minutes. The result? I saved almost three hours a day, even though I was planning to save only one.
Why did I measure all that? You can save much time on the most time-consuming activities, so focus on them. You have to measure them, there are no simpler ways, no one is going to do it for you either. I have broken that down precisely on the list below but that’s just an example. If you want to save time, you have to find it out yourself. The decision is up to you.
1. home tasks: showering, getting dressed, preparing and eating meals, cleaning, doing the dishes, groceries etc.
2. time eaters: social media, games and tv series, tv, the news
3. work: main duties, side projects, meetings
4. commuting: tram, walking, bus, etc.
5. communication: fb chat, phone, e-mails
6. entertainment: reading, socializing, partying, biking
In total, my activities take up to 19 hours a day, but some of them overlap, e.g. I always listen to podcasts while doing the dishes, watching YouTube while ironing, reading news or replying to e-mails while on a tram. Finally, I often talk on the phone while walking.
Second part, tomorrow. Now, after reading, check if you got the text correctly: